Important Safety Information
gammaCore SapphireTM (non-invasive vagus nerve stimulator) is intended to provide non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) on the side of the neck. gammaCore is indicated for:
- Adjunctive use for the preventive treatment of cluster headache in adult patients.
- The acute treatment of pain associated with episodic cluster headache in adult patients.
- The acute treatment of pain associated with migraine headache in adult patients.
- The safety and effectiveness of gammaCore (nVNS) have not been established in the acute treatment of chronic cluster headache
- gammaCore has not been shown to be effective for the preventive treatment of migraine headache
- The long-term effects of the chronic use of gammaCore have not been evaluated
- Safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients, and therefore it is NOT indicated for:
- Patients with an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
- Patients should not use gammaCore if they:
- Have a metallic device such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw implanted at or near their neck
- Are using another device at the same time (e.g., TENS Unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (e.g., mobile phone)