How to use gammaCore for migraine
Using gammaCore to prevent migraine headache
Give yourself 3 treatments (morning, mid-day, and night) consisting of two consecutive 2-minute stimulations.
- The first daily treatment should be applied within 1 hour of waking. The second daily treatment should be applied 4-6 hours after the first treatment. The third daily treatment should be applied at night.
- Apply conductive gel before each stimulation. After 2 minutes, gammaCore will beep twice and automatically discontinue stimulation.
- Stimulations during a treatment should be applied on the same side of the neck. Additional treatments may be applied to either side of the neck.
This is a suggested treatment. Please speak with your healthcare provider to determine the right plan for you.
Using gammaCore to treat migraine pain
At the earliest sign of pain:
Give yourself a treatment consisting of 2 two-minute gammaCore (nVNS) stimulations.
- Apply the conductive gel before each stimulation. After 2 minutes, gammaCore will beep twice and automatically turn off.
The device should remain off for 10 seconds after each stimulation
- Stimulations can be administered on the same side of the neck, or you can switch sides, if preferred
- If pain remains 20 minutes after the start of treatment 1, apply 2 more stimulations
- Two more stimulations may be applied if pain remains 2 hours after the start of treatment 1